niedziela, 29 maja 2022

The Fool, The Death & The Hanged Man

The dream has been unveiled for me in The Day of St.Andrew's Eve, quite a long time ago, because I was 17 and I believed then, that I could read Tarot. Each time I had read it to others, it somehow worked, but when I tried to do it to myself, the cards contradicted themselves. That night, I unfolded the cards three times and reading was always the same, but the last, third time, all cards were reversed , it was something, which had stopped me. I've never interpreted this arrangement. In my dream, I was standing at the edge of the forest, the sky was overgrown with stars, it was a deep, warm night filled with cicadas songs. On the field of grass, that separated the line of houses from the trees, there was a gibbet with five hangmen on, I didn't want to look there, but for some reason I've decided, that the only path to my home was leading under it. When I was very close, the last of the hangmen, wearing a motley clothes and jester cap, with a purse at his side, has just opened his eyes. And then, I've noticed, that he was not hanging on the rope and that the noose was tightened around his ankle instead of neck and the resemblance to Tarot Hangman dressed in the clothes of The Fool has become obvious. My reversed Hangman was standing in the air and looking at me with liquid black eyes, but suddenly something has changed: the inverted Hangman /The Fool smiled broadly with this mephistophelian glimpse, and he's taken off the noose from his ankle and put it on his neck. I've just known, that he will be The Death in a moment, so I closed my eyes and ran into the woods.


The forest was dark and condensing with my growing fear, I ran straight into its depth. The pine trees were the one which has stopped me, behind them the heart of my dream was hidden. Now, I ripped through the lace of pine branches, sparkling with a cold glow, towards the source of this light. A monstrous pine tree with the body of an ancient giant grew in the a perfect circle of glade. A naked woman was hanging on it, in a pose of a tarot Hangman. Her entire body, including the light hair coiling like Medusa snakes and entwined with the branches, was luminous and it was a strong gleam, as if the woman was a full moon shrouded under the cloth of her skin. I walked closer and she opened her black eyes. A black trickle of blood was leaking from her mouth, upward, against the gravity. I woke up.


 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz